Friday, June 7, 2013

Shakespeare's Quick Guide in Picking Up Women

The worst thing you could do to a crush is to put her on a pedestal.  Fine if she likes you, but disastrous if you are refused.  You lose sight of your own worth.  And you do stupid things in your effort to win her (but it won't happen).  How come in the fantasy world, a knight pledging his life and sword for a Lady seals the deal but a geek doing the same to the prom queen is pathetic? 

It all depends on giving value.  Men chase after an attractive woman because a pretty face and a shapely body are perceived as rare commodities.  And men are also wired to be more attracted by physical appearances.  

So how do we turn the tables in our favor?  Let's take a look at what The Bard says in Sonnet 130:

My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun;
Coral is far more red than her lips' red;
If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun;
If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head.
I have seen roses damask'd, red and white,
But no such roses see I in her cheeks;
And in some perfumes is there more delight
Than in the breath that from my mistress reeks.
I love to hear her speak, yet well I know
That music hath a far more pleasing sound;
I grant I never saw a goddess go;
My mistress, when she walks, treads on the ground:
   And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare
   As any she belied with false compare. 


I taught this poem to some high school students I tutored two years ago.  After reading the poem, I asked them, "Is the woman in the poem truly ugly in real life?"

Chandos Portrait

 They said they don't know.  And even literary critics are not sure either.  Some of them even said that the woman in question had never existed.  Shakespeare used the poem to attack the literary theme of elevating the woman to a goddess-like status which is common even up to the modern age.  If you notice, he acts like some cocky sonofabitch with a touch of elegance.  The last two lines is the punchline in the poem.  And it's not a joke.  He implies that his love for her is superior despite her imperfections.  And so, he elevates his value over hers.  His attraction towards her is a privilege she should be happy to have.  

Now can you imagine Shakespeare saying this to an attractive woman?  It would offend her of course.  But she finds this kind of attitude very sexy.  Think of twenty men who would say she's pretty and only one man says she is not.  Who would she pursue?  I found it hard to believe but David deAngelo, Neil Strauss, Chase Amante, and other renowned pick up artists (PUAs) tell us the same thing: Just as a man sees a lovely face and nice tits and ass as a valuable commodity, so does a woman craves for a man who is confident and edgy. This is the kind of man she's willing to submit to.

So what's the key to win over your crush?  

NEVER ruin your self worth when you pursue her.  

Build your worth again and again so she would pursue you!  



No comments:

Post a Comment